Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fare thee well, FCCS
For four years I have made the daily hour-long trek to Fountain City Christian School to fulfill my teaching position. During those years, I have met some amazing people, and I have grown in unestimable ways. There have been laughter and tears, times of seriousness and silliness! I will miss each student, parent, and co-worker!
I have a short summer break before starting my new job at a new school with new students, parents, and co-workers. I look forward to new friendships as I cling to my old ones; I look forward to new students as I consider how much work it will be to get to know them; I look forward to new times of growth! But, really, what I look forward to the most--the eight-minute drive! I am only slightly kidding here!
Here are some last-day pictures from FCCS. I had an afternoon of games planned for my kids...and tears came unexpectedly along the way!

I do realize that we all look horrible here...this was at the end of the day...after spending several hours outside in the 90+ weather and after being soaked in water sports!

Some of the girls during our web game...each student threw the spool of yarn to another student while saying something he/she would always remember about the student. Then, in an emotional turn, they each said something he/she would remember about me...those were a rough few minutes!

Chubby Bunny--a classic!


Not sure what happened here, but we were having fun!


Shaving balloons---oh yeah!





0 comments: