Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fun with cousins
I took Isaac to the pumpkin farm with my parents and Jamie's kids. On our way, we stopped to "go fishing." Of the several times today that a video camera would have been helpful, this was one. Christian (Jamie's three-year-old) would say to my dad, "I'm scared. You do it," and the next minute he would say, "Papa, don't help me...I can do it by myself." Isaac was more interested in eating his apple, which can be seen in every picture.

After fishing, we headed to the pumpkin farm. On the way there, Christian and Carson sang "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," which sounded a little like this: "Winkle little tar, ow I wonder what chew are. Up above da wold so high, la la la la in da sky. Winkle little tar, ow I wonder what chew are." When they stopped after the first "what you are," Isaac piped in "up above." I was shocked and not sure what he was saying, but when he repeated himself several times, I realized he did actually say it. He adds to his vocabulary daily, and it is so wonderful to hear!


The first thing we did when we got to the farm was look at all the animals.

Cows


Pigs

Dogs

After the animals, the kids picked out their pumpkins.

Then we went on a hayride, which started out quite nice...

until Isaac got brave...

decided to walk...

picked up some hay...

and proceeded to start a hay fight...fun was had by all!

0 comments: