Sunday, September 28, 2008

Potty training 101
Isaac is 19 months old now. Right about the time he turned 18 months, I bought a potty chair thinking he could start to get familiar with it, and we could start teaching him what it is for. He has sat on it a couple of times, but he has never "gone potty" on it. I have asked myself several times if I should start the training process, but I kept feeling like he just wasn't ready yet. I bought a book, read through, and started to watch for the readiness cues. Well, this morning I got one. I went to Isaac's room to get him out of bed, and I found a little boy standing up saying, "Poop!" His pants and dirty diaper were on the floor, and there were beautiful marks rubbed all over his sheets from where he sat and tried to wipe the dirty off. So, needless to say, we are beginning the training process. If you have any tips, please send them my way!

0 comments: