Friday, July 01, 2011

July 1, 2011


I missed posting last night because I got home quite late from the hospital. I almost didn't go back so late because I was tired, but I am so glad that I did. His name is spelled wrong, but this sign says it all:


Yep, I gave Aaron a bath for the first time. He has, of course, been bathed in the past two and a half weeks, but this time Mommy did it...a little scary (he's so small), but extremely rewarding!


The other big news was that Isaac was allowed to hold Aaron for the first time yesterday! He has been itching to do this since he first saw him, and it was one of my proudest Mommy moments. It's so beautiful to watch him gaze at his baby brother. He likes to touch his fingers, too. I know that over the next several years they will certainly fight, but I also think Isaac is going to be an awesome big brother!


Yesterday Aaron weighed 4 pounds, 8 1/2 ounces, and today he weighs 4 pounds, 9 1/4 ounces. He has been taking his milk so well!



Today was a big day, too, because Papa got to see Aaron for the first time since two days after his birth. Papa had to return to Chicago because he was leading a mission trip to Columbia. It was an awesome moment because last time he saw Aaron, Aaron was extremely ill. He is looking and feeling so much better now!


We are still praying for him to learn to eat. A couple of his nurses have given him bottles; the last time he drank 15ml from it. They still feel, however, that he is a bit young to begin this. He is showing readiness cues (sucking a pacifier or his fingers when it's time to eat), but taking milk from a bottle really wears him out. One of the nurses thinks he will need to be given just one bottle a day for now simply because of the amount of energy it takes.


I am asking you to continue standing with us! God has done marvelous works in Aaron's body and in our lives, but I ask you to continue praying with us for Aaron until he comes home. And even after that for his development. I am so excited about the testimony this tiny miracle already has! He has truly touched many, and I know that this is only the beginning.


Psalm 115:10 "O house of Aaron, trust in the Lord; He is their help and their shield."

0 comments: