Saturday, July 02, 2011

July 2, 2o11


Aaron is up to 4 pounds, 10 ounces today! The nurses started to fortify his milk with a bit of formula to increase the calorie count; this is normal for a preemie. Early this morning, Aaron took over half of one of his feeds with a bottle; this is a big improvement from just a couple of days ago. The nurses still feel like he tires out too much to try at every feeding. During one of his afternoon feedings, we tried to feed him the "natural" way while he was taking his milk through his feeding tube; he really did quite well. He is definitely associating sucking with a full belly, and that is a great sign! I got to cuddle with him lots today, and he spent some time cuddling with Papa and Mimi too!


I took Isaac to the store with me tonight, and there were numerous pregnant women walking around. All I could think is that I'm still supposed to be pregnant...34 weeks with six more to go! I was saddened for a moment. I have this tremendous miracle baby...at the hospital. It is extremely difficult to feel like a family, to feel like a mother, with my baby at the hospital.


On the way home, I was thinking that I am so grateful to have Aaron and to have experienced God the way that I have over the past two and a half weeks. I am thankful that He chose this way to show me His power and His love. I am also thankful to have seen the body of Christ come together on behalf of this sweet baby. Regardless of denominational affiliation and other things that can sometimes bring separation, I have seen the people of God join together in faith, encouraging one another daily, being who Christ tells us to be! Sometimes it can be difficult to see Christ in the church...sad, but often true. There are so many who claim to belong to Christ, but their lifestyles/actions/etc... suggest otherwise. It has been beautiful to see the Church look like Christ over the past couple of weeks. God is still on His throne, and He is still worthy of our praise and adoration...not just because He healed Aaron (although that is certainly deserving!) but simply because He is! May He be forever praised and lifted high!

0 comments: