Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday, June 15, 2011


Today was a good day. Aaron had good urine output overnight, so they took out his catheter this morning. He has continued peeing, and this is an excellent sign toward getting his fluids down. To put this in perspective, on Monday during a 12-hour period, he had 25 ml of urine. On Tuesday during a 12-hour period, he had 69 ml of urine, and today in a 12-hour period he had 207 ml of urine. This is great progress.


Aaron did receive more blood today because some of his counts were back down; this was expected. When I went to visit him this afternoon, I was able to spend about an hour completely alone with him. I read him a book that my sister and her husband had bought for him. When I saw him this evening, he was a bit uncomfortable, so I was able to contain him, which is as close to holding him as I can get right now. I placed one hand on his head and with the other hand I held his arms close to his chest. This was very calming for him...and me.


He was given a chest and an abdominal x-ray tonight. The chest x-ray has been done daily to monitor his lungs. The doctor said that it wasn't looking perfect, but it also wasn't bad enough to warrant inserting another chest tube. The reason for the abdominal x-ray was his swollen, discolored belly. Following the x-ray, however, the doctor said that it appeared that the swelling and discoloration was due mainly to delivery and was unrelated to any current problems. The doctor told me that she was expecting a quiet night from Aaron, and that is my prayer.


I continue to trust God, and I ask tha you will join me in praying for Aaron Joseph. He is a precious little guy, and I want to see him grow to be that mountain of strength!

0 comments: