Friday, June 17, 2011

Without


Today I was able to come home from the hospital...without my beautiful son, Aaron Joseph. I have so very many mixed emotions right now. The past several days have had me in a whirlwind. I have mentioned many times that I kind of feel like I am on the outside watching someone else's life take place. But this is very much my own life, and here I am...sitting in bed typing...without.


I know that it is important for me to be home to rest overnight. I realize that I just went through major surgery and that I must recover. But I also realize my son is lying in the hospital...without his mommy. His daddy stays with him, and Mommy will be back in the morning, but until then, Aaron is...without.


I am so thankful that I have God to rely on through this process. He has truly been my only sustenance in this time, and I am grateful that He is faithful. So there is God...He is with me.


And He is with Aaron. He has been faithful to heal Aaron's body. Aaron has already come through many barriers that we weren't sure he would pass. Aaron is not without God!


And we are not without friends and loving support! I have been humbled by the many people who have stepped up to pray us through this trying time. God is so faithful in providing us with this family of sorts. Thank you for all you have done.


So perhaps in many ways we are more "with" than "without." We have God, you, and each other.

0 comments: